Instructions to Riders
Please remember that Parents/Carers are responsible for the safety of their children at all times – it is advisable that you should ride closely behind your children. NOT suitable for under 5’s.
Safety depends on riders being careful and showing consideration to other road users.
To assist you, Marshals are in attendance at the points indicated on the map.
Whilst on the road it is essential that riders follow these instructions:
- We recommend riders wear cycle helmets for the duration of the ride.
- Ride at a leisurely pace, enjoy the countryside and remember it is not a race.
- Follow the Highway Code. Please obey the Marshals at all times
- Keep to the left-hand side of the road and be aware of other traffic at all times.
- Never cross the centre line of the road.
- Do not ride more than two abreast. Please obey the Marshalls if they advise you to ride in single file. Remember they are there for your safety and to help you enjoy the ride.
- Keep your distance from the bike in front.
- Before you stop or turn, look behind and signal your intention.
- Keep your eye on the road at all times and do not read the map whilst riding.
- In case of emergency, help can be summoned by calling 07988 406173.
- The route takes you through beautiful countryside. Please leave it as you find it – please do not drop litter anywhere.
Finally, thank you for coming, enjoy the ride and do not forget to collect your certificate (or medals for children) at the finish.