Information – Coronavirus
01.06.2020 – UPDATE – Message from BFC and WPC
It’s great to see our residents out enjoying the sun however, PLEASE help us protect our green spaces during this time.
Over the bank holiday weekend many parks were badly littered, BBQs damaged wildlife and highways were blocked with cars parking irresponsibly.
If you visit one of our green spaces PLEASE ensure you:
- Take your litter home and protect our wildlife.
- Don’t park on the highway or car parks may be forced to re-close.
- Never light BBQs or fires, you could be adding more strain to emergency services.
- Abide by social distancing guidelines and do not congregate in big groups.
PLEASE protect our parks with your actions.
13.05.2020 – UPDATE – Following the announcement from the Prime Minister that people are now allowed to drive to take exercise and more than once a day, Winkfield Parish Council will be re-opening the car parks at the following sites from today (Wednesday 13th May):
- Ascot Jubilee Recreation Ground
- Locks Ride Recreation Ground
- Asher Recreation Ground
- King George V Recreation Ground
To support our car parks remaining open we ask that you take some simple steps, which include:
- Only leave cars parked in a marked bay, where these are clearly marked
- Please don’t queue in your car or circulate waiting for a space if the car park is full. If there is no space it is essential to travel to another site or try again later.
- Social distancing must be applied during the walk and when getting into and out of your car. This includes keeping two metres away from others and keeping dogs on leads.
- Please don’t use play areas, which remain closed according to government guidance.
We would ask that people do not rush out to visit our car parks which would put pressure on our facilities and make social distancing difficult.
14.04.2020 – UPDATE – In order for our sites to remain safe and accessible to all during this time, our grounds team will be carrying out essential maintenance over the next few weeks such as mowing and strimming.
To enable them to carry out their duties effectively, please ensure you follow the guidelines regarding social distancing – please do not approach staff. They will ensure that they remain at least 2 metres away from visitors to the sites at all times.
Our play areas remain closed and we would ask you not to use any benches to prevent spread of the virus.
30.03.2020 – UPDATE – The Bracknell Forest COVID-19 (coronavirus) community information pack is now available on the BFC website. The direct link to this community information pack is www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/sites/default/files/coronavirus-info-pack-bracknell-forest-council.pdf
24.03.2020 – UPDATE -As per the Governments advice issued on 23.03.2020, all Winkfield Parish Council play areas (including our Tennis courts) are CLOSED with immediate effect. Recreational areas will remain open for exercise purposes only. Please follow the guidelines regarding social distancing at all times – link to Government advice https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The Parish Office is now closed to the visiting members of the public following advice from Public Health England. We can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01344 885110. All mail is being collected from the WPC office on a regular basis.
All Parish Council meetings have been suspended for an initial period of 12 weeks. This will be reviewed and amended if necessary following advice from Public Health England.
We have temporarily suspended all use of public buildings (Carnation Hall, Martins Heron & The Warren Community Centre, Locks Ride Pavilion & Cabin, Ascot Jubilee Pavilion) during the closure, so we ask that you do not visit these sites until they are re-opened.
The Community Café at Ascot Jubilee is cancelled until further notice.
All football matches at Locks Ride, Ascot Jubilee and King George V have been suspended until further notice.
We will keep the website updated with further information as it becomes available.
Healthwatch Bracknell are co-ordinating the recruitment of community response volunteers in the local area during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency.
The scheme is being organised in partnership with Bracknell Forest Council and Involve.